Tuesday, November 26, 2013

A Birthday and a Baby Shower and an Early Thanksgiving

Last weekend was the best, and I think it's because it included almost every single thing that makes me happy- family, seeing my best friends, and lots and lots of good food. Because we have three different sides of our family, we always have to do a bit of a shuffling act during the holidays. This year we decided to do an early Thanksgiving at my parents' house so we could stay up at home on the actual holiday and spend time with Hank's two sides. It gets pretty insane trying to make everybody happy (it's truly impossible), and last year we decided we just weren't going to get stressed about in anymore. So now we don't! :)

We started off the weekend celebrating Henry's 3rd birthday at home- it was a rainy day full of donuts and watching Planes a million times. The night before Hank and I had the best time filling up Henry's room with balloons and talking about the morning I gave birth, and of course I cried thinking about how quickly it's all going by. It's so weird- it feels just like yesterday, but also so far away. Once Hank got home from work we headed to Phoenix for Thanksgiving #1 with all of my Mom's delicious home-cooking and I swear, I could eat that meal every weekend for the rest of my life and be happy. On Saturday we also went to Shirley and Nate's co-ed baby shower to celebrate baby Carson, who should be arriving next month, and I got to reunite with my best college friends. The next day we took some family photos with our friend Emily Snitzer (she's amazing- if you're in Arizona and need photos check her out!) and then hightailed it back to Prescott after Hank went to the Cardinals game. It was a whirlwind, but a fun whirlwind for sure.

Here are some (not the best quality iPhone) photos:


18 comments:

  1. These are such lovely pictures ^_^ I would love a room full of balloons for my birthday! On the to-do list for next year! And that turkey...Yum. Now my stomach is grumbling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Kate! :) You def. need to put it on your to-do list!
      Have a great week <3

      Delete
  2. I've always wanted to stop at that Cafe on the way down but never remember! Is it good?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Well, we have only ever gotten pie there but it's my favorite! I recommend the Key Lime, Lemon, and anything with a crumble topping (especially the berry)! <3

      Delete
  3. Awwwwwwww Henry just looks so happy!!! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His smile all weekend made my whole life! haha.

      Delete
  4. My grandma filled my room full of balloons for one of my birthdays and it was probably the best morning ever! How I didn't wake up to the sound of balloons being unloaded is beyond me; It looks like Henry was pretty excited to wake up to that surprise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hank and I thought the same thing. We felt like we were being SO loud but he didn't wake up at all! I can't wait to do this every year. :)

      Delete
  5. What great pictures!!! And what a great idea with all the balloons, happy birthday to that sweet little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the balloon idea! My litte guy turns 2 in a couple of weeks...we may have to do that :)

    Where are your boots from in the pictures of your wearing the peplum top? (love the outfit btw!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you totally should! We filled the hallway last year and he loved it! :)

      The boots are from Urban Outfitters, last year. The brand is Ecote. I know there are similar ones on their site now though!

      Delete
  7. Happy birthday to your sweet boy!

    I swear, sometimes I think the hardest part of marriage is pleasing all the parents. My husband's family is in Arizona now and mine is all in Texas. We have it pretty easy though because my folks prefer that we come during the off season when travel is cheaper and the holidays aren't going on to distract us and his family wants us here during the holidays. We're also lucky because both of our parents are still married...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Amanda! And yes- you're so right. Thankfully Hank and I are on the exact same team all the time because I can only imagine if we weren't! Chaos!

      Delete
  8. LOVE that picture of him and the balloon, that is so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Krystal! He loved that thing! :)

      Delete
  9. such a good mama you are! the little smile and gleam in his face is priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That photo of Henry waving in his little bed is the cutest thing ever!
    Also, I totally know what you mean about being busy during the holidays. John & I both come from separated families so it's so hard to please everyone. As selfish as this sounds, we are going to focus on what makes US happy and not what makes everyone else happy this Christmas. We will obviously fit everyone in but the way that we want to do it. There's just too many people that get left disappointed and make US feel guilty.

    I made a currently post by the way inspired by you :)
    Jessica
    www.littlemapleleaf.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete